Buyer (hereinafter referred to as “You” or “Credit Card Holder” or “Client”). Seller, StemWebDesign.com (hereinafter referred to as “Our”, “Us” or “We”).
In lieu of this electronic “Terms and Conditions,” you have a right to request a paper copy of these “Terms and Conditions” before making a purchase. If you would like a paper copy, please contact us stating you would like a copy of the “Terms and Conditions.” You can contact us via email by going to StemWebDesign.com/contact-us . We will send you a paper copy via mail once a mailing address is provided.
Terms and Conditions
1) STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS: These are the standard terms and conditions for website design and development work and apply to all contracts and all work undertaken by StemWebDesign.com for its clients.
2) OUR FEES AND DEPOSITS: 25% of the total fee of the product payable under our proposal is due before a draft site is received. We reserve the right not to commence any work until the deposit has been paid in full. All prices listed are in U.S Dollars. The amount paid shall becomes subject to the terms of the “approval of work” and “rejected work” clauses or 28 calendar days whichever is earlier.
3) REFUND POLICY: We work sincerely and are dedicated to satisfy you. The initial 25% deposit is non-refundable. We do not collect the final 75% deposit until the final site is approved by you. Once the final site is approved by you, no refunds can be given.
4) SUPPLY OF MATERIALS: You must supply all materials and information required by us to complete the work in accordance with any agreed specification. Such materials may include, but are not limited to, photographs, written copy, logos and other printed material. Where there is any delay in supplying these materials to us which leads to a delay in the completion of work, we reserve the sole right to extend any previously agreed deadlines by a reasonable amount. Where you fail to supply materials, and that prevents the progress of the work, we have the right to stop work and invoice you for any balance on the contract.
5) VARIATIONS: We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to make revisions to the design. However, we have the right to limit the number of design proposals to a reasonable amount and may charge for additional designs if you make a change to the original design specification. Our website development phase is flexible and allows certain variations to the original specification. However any major deviation from the specification will be charged at the rate of $100 per hour.
6) PROJECT DELAYS AND CLIENT LIABILITY: Any time frames or estimates that we give are contingent upon your full cooperation along with complete and final content for the work pages. During development there is a certain amount of feedback required in order to progress to subsequent phases. It is required that a single point of contact be appointed from your side and be made available on a daily basis in order to expedite the feedback process. We will not be responsible if the web design project remains largely unfinished or is delayed, due to your own inaction, or by not approving design mockups / requesting web design changes on time. After the initial 28 calendar days, if the project is still unfinished, $100/hour would be billed for any further change request.
7) APPROVAL OF WORK: On completion of the work you will be notified and have the opportunity to review it. You must notify us in writing of any unsatisfactory points within 14 days of such notification. Any of the work which has not been reported in writing to us as unsatisfactory within the 14-day review period will be deemed to have been approved. Once approved, or deemed approved, work cannot subsequently be rejected and the contract will be deemed to have been completed and the balance of the project price will become non-refundable.
8) REJECTED WORK: If you reject any of our work within the 14-day review period and not approve subsequent work performed by us to remedy any points recorded as being unsatisfactory, and we, acting reasonably, consider that you have been unreasonable in any rejection of the work, we can elect to treat this contract as complete.
9) PAYMENT: You unconditionally and personally guarantee the payments. In case collection proves necessary, you agree to pay all fees (including all attorney’s fees and court costs) incurred by that process.
10) COPYRIGHTS & TRADEMARKS: You must obtain all necessary permissions and authorities in respect of the use of all copy, graphic images, registered company logos, names and trademarks, or any other material that you supply to us to include in your website or web applications. You must indemnify us and hold us harmless from any claims or legal actions related to the content of your website.
11) LICENSING: Once you have been transferred ownership of the website we grant to you a license to use the website and contents for the life of the website.
12) SEARCH ENGINES: All website designed by us are search engine friendly. However we do not guarantee any specific position in search engine results for your website.
13) CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS: We shall not be liable for any loss or damage which you may suffer which is in any way attributable to any delay in performance or completion of our contract, however that delay arises.
14) DISCLAIMER: Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this contract, neither StemWebDesign.com nor any of its employees or agents, warrant that the functions contained in the web design project will be uninterrupted or error-free. In no event will StemWebDesign.com or its owners or employees be liable to you or any third party for any damages, including, but not limited to, service interruptions caused by Acts of God, the hosting service or any other circumstances beyond our reasonable control, any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential, punitive, or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate the website, failure of any service provider, of any telecommunications carrier, of the Internet backbone, of any Internet servers, your or your site visitor’s computer or Internet software, even if StemWebDesign.com has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
15) ASSIGNMENT: We reserve the right to subcontract any services that we have agreed to perform for you as we see fit.
16) NON-DISCLOSURE: We (and any subcontractors we engage) agree that we will not at any time disclose any of your confidential information to any third party.
17) ADDITIONAL EXPENSES: You agree to reimburse us for any requested expenses which do not form part of our contracted proposal including but not limited to additional pages, purchase of third party software, stock photographs, fonts, domain name registration, web hosting, SEO or advertising services or any other comparable expenses. These extra add-ons have to be paid immediately upon your request.
18) BACKUPS: You are responsible for maintaining your own backups with respect to your website and we will not be liable for restoring any client data or client websites except to the extent that such data loss arises out of a negligent act or omission by us.
19) OWNERSHIP OF DOMAIN NAMES AND WEB HOSTING: If needed, we will supply to you account credentials for domain name registration and/or web hosting that we purchased on your behalf when you reimburse us for any expenses that we have incurred.
20) RIGHT OF REFUSAL: StemWebDesign.com reserves the right to refuse or terminate service to anyone for any reason not prohibited by law. Also we have the right to be free from acts or threats of disruptive behavior, abusive and/or offensive language, including intimidation, harassment and/or coercion, which involve or affect our operation. Abusive communications in any form (email, phone, in person, etc.) are strictly not tolerated. No refund would be provided in case of abusive communications.
21) GOVERNING LAW: Regardless of the place of signing of this agreement, you agree that for purposes of venue, this agreement was entered into in the State of Oregon, United States. Any dispute will be litigated or arbitrated in the State of Oregon, and you hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction of the Washington County, Oregon Courts.
22) PLATFORM LIMITS: The websites created by StemWebDesign.com uses the Squarespace platform found at Squarespace.com. By agreeing with these Terms and Conditions you are also agreeing to the Squarespace.com Terms of Service found here, or at squarespace.com/terms-of-service . Any website created by us is limited to what is available on the Squarespace.com platform and the features available with the Squarespace Personal plan at the time of purchasing. If additional features are requested outside of what is available on the Personal plan, there will be additional web hosting costs once the site ownership is transferred. Once ownership of the website and domain are transferred to the client, additional modifications can be added with a third party service by the client as they see fit. The client is responsible for all costs for future modifications to the website.
23) FUTURE BILLING: All billing responsibilities of the website, domain and any other services or content will be transferred to the client when the ownership of the website and/or the domain is transferred to the client. This includes a minimum of $16 per month web hosting costs billed by Squarespace.com .
24) DOMAINS: Domain transfers and connections may take 72 hours to process. StemWebDesign.com is not responsible for any losses due to downtime of the domain. While the domain is connecting, visitors will be able to access the site using a Squarespace built-in domain.
This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties. Any changes or modifications thereto must be in writing and agreed by both parties.
Questions? Concerns? Contact Us.